Nonprofit organizations that meet eligibility requirements (see below) are encouraged to file a grant application. The DRA considers each unique application on a case-by-case basis, including those that address needs in the following areas:
- Arts and culture
- Health and human services
- Emergency services
- Civic and community development
2019 Important Dates
- Application Available: Wednesday, January 23, 2019
- Information Sessions: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 | noon and 5:30pm
- Q Casino Showroom
- It is recommended that first-time grant applicants attend one of these sessions
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, February 28, 5:00pm
- Tentative Grant Announcement: May 21, 2019
2018 DRA Grant Application
Applications are no longer being accepted for 2018 DRA Grants.
To access previously submitted applications, visit our Online Grant Request System
Applicants must be non-profit, tax-exempt organizations that have received 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) designation from the Internal Revenue Service or must be a unit of political subdivision (i.e., Conservation Districts). Organizations are not allowed to “share” or “borrow” a 501(c)(3) status with another organization. The name on the application must match the name on the IRS-issued letter. Only one application per 501(c)(3) or equivalent tax-exempt status will be accepted.
- Individual schools, churches, or volunteer fire departments will not need a 501(c)(3) letter. They are exempted by law or fall under a blanket exemption because of their ties to a municipality.
- Cities/villages/towns/counties are allowed one application. A letter from the city/county administrator endorsing the project must be attached to the application.
- Schools will be allowed one application per “attendance center”. Schools are tax exempt by statue, but affiliated organizations must hold a 501(c)(3) in its own name (no sharing allowed).
- Only one application be allowed (i.e., one from the school or one from affiliated organizations).
- All school applications (individual departments or affiliated organizations requests) must be submitted under a cover letter approved by the school principal.
- If an application is received from an affiliated organization without the endorsement from the school principal, it will be rejected.
Grants are NOT awarded for the following uses:
- Travel expenses or seminars
- Salaries, wages, benefits or other employee-related costs. Exception: If your project involves hosting a guest speaker or group to address a group or event, the grant will fund the contractual fee, but not the travel expenses
- Recurring expenses
- Participation in capital campaigns
- Endowment funds
- Political causes, candidates or lobbying efforts
- Individuals, including scholarships and personal benefits
- Operating expenses including staff, rent payments, lease payments and utilities
- Debt incurred or purchases made prior to DRA’s grant award notification