Nonprofit organizations that meet eligibility requirements (see below) are encouraged to file a grant application. The DRA considers each unique application on a case-by-case basis, including those that address needs in the following areas:
- Arts and culture
- Health and human services
- Emergency services
- Civic and community development
2019 Important Dates
- Application Available: Wednesday, January 23, 2019
- Information Sessions: Due to inclement weather, the information sessions scheduled for Wednesday, January 30 have been CANCELLED.
- Additional information on the 2019 DRA Grants can be found here.
- If you have additional questions or would like to set up a time to meet regarding the application process, please contact Kathy Young at email@example.com or 563-585-2971.
- Application Deadline: Thursday, February 28, 5:00pm
- Tentative Grant Announcement: May 21, 2019
2019 DRA Grant Application
Use the following links to access the online grant application:
2019 School Supplement Application for Dubuque Community Schools, Western Dubuque Schools, and Holy Family Catholic Schools
Applicants must be non-profit, tax-exempt organizations that have received 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) designation from the Internal Revenue Service or must be a unit of political subdivision (i.e., Conservation Districts). Organizations are not allowed to “share” or “borrow” a 501(c)(3) status with another organization. The name on the application must match the name on the IRS-issued letter. Only one application per 501(c)(3) or equivalent tax-exempt status will be accepted.
- Individual schools, churches, or volunteer fire departments will not need a 501(c)(3) letter. They are exempted by law or fall under a blanket exemption because of their ties to a municipality.
- Cities/villages/towns/counties are allowed one application. A letter from the city/county administrator endorsing the project must be attached to the application.
- Schools will be allowed one application per “attendance center”. Schools are tax exempt by statue, but affiliated organizations must hold a 501(c)(3) in its own name (no sharing allowed).
- Only one application be allowed (i.e., one from the school or one from affiliated organizations).
- All school applications (individual departments or affiliated organizations requests) must be submitted under a cover letter approved by the school principal.
- If an application is received from an affiliated organization without the endorsement from the school principal, it will be rejected.
Grants are NOT awarded for the following uses:
- Travel expenses or seminars
- Salaries, wages, benefits or other employee-related costs. Exception: If your project involves hosting a guest speaker or group to address a group or event, the grant will fund the contractual fee, but not the travel expenses
- Recurring expenses
- Participation in capital campaigns
- Endowment funds
- Political causes, candidates or lobbying efforts
- Individuals, including scholarships and personal benefits
- Operating expenses including staff, rent payments, lease payments and utilities
- Debt incurred or purchases made prior to DRA’s grant award notification