In addition to the distribution of excess profits, the City of Dubuque receives lease payments and also receives revenues from pari-mutuel and casino taxes. Total payments made to the City of Dubuque since 1985 have been over $244 million.
In 2016, 182 charitable organizations received monies from the DRA Grant Program. Projects funded within these organizations included school security systems, books and educational materials, and fire safety equipment. Since 1985, 961 organizations have benefited from the 5,195 grant awards totaling over $42 million. These organizations not only help the City of Dubuque locally, but umbrella areas in the surrounding counties of Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin.
View Dispersed Grants
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater Dubuque $15,000 Going Green Energy Saving Project
- Maquoketa Y $5,000 Sound Deadening Panels
- AMERICA’S RIVER FESTIVAL $25,000 America’s River Festival Enhancements
- Dubuque Food Pantry $15,000 Total Wellness
- Matter Creative Center $12,500 Art, Science, and Technology Program Expansion
- DUBUQUE JAYCEES $25,000 3rd of July Fireworks and Air Show
- CAMP COURAGEOUS $20,000 Bowing Alley
- IOWA DENTAL FOUNDATION $12,500 Mission of Mercy