Nonprofit organizations that meet eligibility requirements (see below) are encouraged to file a grant application. The DRA considers each unique application on a case-by-case basis, including those that address needs in the following areas:
- Arts and culture
- Health and human services
- Emergency services
- Civic and community development
*Grant Information Meetings: January 18, 2017 Noon to 1:00p.m. and January 18, 2017 5:30 to 6:30
Application Available: January 18, 2017
Application Deadline: February 28, 2017 – 5:00 PM CST
Grant Award Announcement: May 16, 2017
Informational Sessions will take place in Cabaret, located inside of Mystique Casino
All 2017 Grant funding must be collected by Friday, December 15, 2017
YOUR GRANT SUMMARY REPORT AND ALL INVOICES WILL BE SUBMITTED ONLINE. PLEASE DO NOT MAIL HARD COPIES OF THESE ITEMS AS THEY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
CLICK HERE to fill out a 2017 DRA online grant application.
CLICK HERE to fill out the 2017 School Supplement application.
CLICK HERE to return to a saved grant application.
CLICK HERE to download the 2017 Grant Financial Worksheet
Applicants must be non-profit, tax-exempt organizations that have received 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) designation from the Internal Revenue Service or must be a unit of political subdivision (i.e., Conservation Districts). Organizations are not allowed to “share” or “borrow” a 501(c)(3) status with another organization. The name on the application must match the name on the IRS-issued letter. Only one application per 501(c)(3) or equivalent tax-exempt status will be accepted.
- Individual schools, churches, or volunteer fire departments will not need a 501(c)(3) letter. They are exempted by law or fall under a blanket exemption because of their ties to a municipality.
- Cities/villages/towns/counties are allowed one application. A letter from the city/county administrator endorsing the project must be attached to the application.
- Schools will be allowed one application per “attendance center”. Schools are tax exempt by statue, but affiliated organizations must hold a 501(c)(3) in its own name (no sharing allowed).
- Only one application be allowed (i.e., one from the school or one from affiliated organizations).
- All school applications (individual departments or affiliated organizations requests) must be submitted under a cover letter approved by the school principal.
- If an application is received from an affiliated organization without the endorsement from the school principal, it will be rejected.
Grants are NOT awarded for the following uses:
- Travel expenses or seminars
- Salaries, wages, benefits or other employee-related costs. Exception: If your project involves hosting a guest speaker or group to address a group or event, the grant will fund the contractual fee, but not the travel expenses
- Recurring expenses
- Participation in capital campaigns
- Endowment funds
- Political causes, candidates or lobbying efforts
- Individuals, including scholarships and personal benefits
- Operating expenses including staff, rent payments, lease payments and utilities
- Debt incurred or purchases made prior to DRA’s grant award notification